Friday, April 15, 2016

Our Purpose



It boggles my mind that God Almighty would go to such great lengths to spend eternity with me. 

For me.

Why?

And not only did His love extend to me that He wants me with Him…His plan was to equip me to do His purpose in my life…

If God cares that much…if He has put that much thought into His plan for ME…why am I just passing my days without a second thought?

“I will be glad when it is 5 o’clock”

“Will the weekend ever get here?”

“I am too busy….maybe when the kids are grown.’

“My kids are grown…working in the nursery are for the younger women”

“I am too old to serve.”

Let me ask you the same question I asked myself recently.

If the jobs of ministry are only for young people…if now that I am over 60 I am too old to serve…Why has God not taken me home to Him?

There are three main things that God leaves us here to do after salvation.

First, we are to be transformed into the likeness of Christ. Romans 8:29

Second, we are to make disciples.  Matthew 28:19

Third, to do the works He created and equipped us to do according to our spiritual gifts.  Ephesians 2:10

Do any of these things have an age clause?

Nope.

Do you know your spiritual gifts?  What is your passion? That will give you a good indication. If you are still confused, you can do a web search for Free Spiritual Gifts Assessment. There are a lot of sites to choose from.

Now….let’s get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment