Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Banana Nut Bread

Here is my recipe for Banana Nut Bread. Keep in mind that I have been cooking for a VERY long time. I don’t have alot of details written down. In fact...I rarely write down things like how long to bake something. I just follow the toothpick/touch/jiggle/smell/is it brown method. (If you have been cooking for a long time you know what I mean....or ask your Nana...she will tell you!
 
1 1/4 c Sugar
 
1 stick softened butter (use the real stuff...trust me)
 
2 large eggs
 
3 or 4 nice ripe bananas
 
1/2 c Buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk you should buy some because you need it for good biscuits, but in a pinch you can add about a teaspoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to the milk and let it sit for a bit)
 
1 tea Vanilla
 
2 1/2 c Self Rising Flour (something else you need for good biscuits...but you can always add 1 tea Baking Soda and 1 tea salt to regular all purpose flour but you will need to sift it together before adding)
 
1 c chopped nuts...I use pecans
 

Okay...cream the sugar and butter, add the eggs, then add the buttermilk, bananas and vanilla. Last, stir in the flour. Pour it into greased pans. I use a bundt pan, but you can use loaf pans. One large, two small, or 4 of the really small ones. 
 
Bake at 350 until done. See above for what that means.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment