Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I am afraid



I am afraid


I am afraid every day, and because of that fear, I am not living my life with purpose.

If, by chance, you know me personally you may agree or disagree with that statement depending on how you met me. 

If you know me from high school…you will agree. You may remember my name, or my face from the yearbook or a class we attended together…but you know that I would never go up to someone and start a conversation.  I didn’t join any clubs. My greatest fear was walking into the wrong class on the first day of school or walking into a class late.

If you know me from my church youth group…you know a different me. I was friendly (at least I hope I was), outgoing and I sang in the choir.  I could be depended on to step up and give my testimony even in strange places or in front of hundreds of people.

Today…I am afraid to walk into a room alone.

Why?

I have lost my holy boldness.

I have listened to the lies of the Father of Lies that I am no longer worthy.

I forgot who I am in Christ.

I am the daughter of the Most High God.

I have nothing to fear.

It is time to forget the past.

I want to Finish With Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment